2017-04-11

My big wurm grind

In my last post I wrote about my first premium months with my current toon (character in Wurm). Nearly from the beginning I started grinding hard to get some skills going.

My neighbor was so nice to me. Helped me a lot in my humble start. And I found a way to repay him. I started to tend all his wemp fields so he had more yield for making cordage favor for his priest. That's how I got my first skill to 90 - farming. Second was not far away and fast to get - carpentry.

Then it was worse - what would be good to grind? The big grind? So I choose weapon smithing (WS, one of the slowest skill to get). First only because I wanted to make rare huge axe. In first batch I made 3. I got pretty coin selling them (you get around 1 silver for normal huge axe at 90 quality but 7-8 for rare one). And I was hooked again.

In first month I got my WS to just over 50. Then I exchanged whole bunch of weapons directly from my forge to a friendly priest (that one I ordered whole set of skiller tools earlier) for some great casts on more tools. Every bit helps especially when WS grind is so slow. I also hurried to get meditation to 70 to get +25% skill gain bonus.

I grinded WS on huge axes, large mauls, sickles, carving knives and long swords - stuff that sells great when rare. I even made 2 supreme carvers! Sold one and exchanged second for a rare knarr (it was my big goal with first toon to make one, unsuccessful in like 30 tries or so).

It ate quite some iron so I needed to grind mining too (always good to have). Took me long 5 months of daily grind to get my WS to 90 (of course with frequent pauses when my prem time expired) - my 3rd 90 and mining was not long behind.

From my WS nearing 80 I started to get nice money selling 80ql weapons and mainly improving others weapons for cash (nearly all my skill 90-94 was from paid jobs!). Somewhere around that time I started my merchant page on forums to sell leftovers from my grind (now it has over 800 posts - I write there nearly all sales I made - kind of chronicle or ledger).

Then I made great deal with my neighbor. I make tools, improve them (if needed) he casts them, I sell them and we divide profit 50:50. Was nice money. Sometimes even better than my improve jobs. I even spared enough money to buy me red dragon scale set - easy to get to 90 PAS with it (no need to make huge amounts of steel to grind on plate sets).

After I reached 90 WS all was possible so I choose myself a worthy goal - be the imp-all-to-90 toon. And I'm getting quite close to that now. I already have that important stuff covered (all armour types, weapons and tools).

For my next prem I selected another goal - grind one of my free to play (f2p) toons (that holds skiller tools for sale for me in its inventory) to be permanent f2p (when you paid prem at least once your toon never gets deleted) with twice inventory size (30 body strength) and riding knarr (23 mind logic). Probably by nonstop mining or similar stuff. We will see how fun that will be (for a month)!

You can read about that (and more) in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment