2017-04-01

Story of my life - chapter 9

Go to chapter 8 (if you missed it)

Next day was full of packing of all belongings to carts. We also went to cave a few times to gather as much element as we could. Who knows whats on the other side of that portal. And we need that element to feed the dragon (seems that he lives on meat but without element there is no flight or fire).

In the evening there was quite some people with full carts of stuff near entrance to cave. Dragon told us that way to portal is quite long and we should hurry. It was not that bad after all. Took us a few hours, but tunnels we quite smooth and fortunately none were blocked by cave-ins or lava. Tremors were nearly constant but this old lava tunnels held nicely.

Interestingly we had not seen any other dragon all the way here. Is that one we found the last one? He told us that he is definitely not the last one (at least he hoped) but dragons do not live it this particular cave.

When we arrived to the chamber of fight we saw that portal for first time. Floor was covered with smooth cooled lava so it was quite easy to reach it. It was a circle of blue shimmering light on far wall surrounded by strange symbols around it on floor an wall.

We convinced our dragon to go with us through with all the people behind us. Just after we crossed that light surface connection to my vessel broke. Last sensation was picture of some lush green valley with sun shining. Could it be Earth? Sun diameter was just about right and not that small as here. And I could felt that gravity was much higher too.

I woke up with sadness because I felt I probably never see him again. We will see in coming days. It will be much more lonely here without him.

...

And I was right. No connection during my sleep for a week. I could play with element and hone my skills but without my dreams with vessel it was pointless. So today I went for a walk in a cave my mining robots found recently. It was strangely familiar. As this cave tunnel near that place of fight. It was not easy to move fast and safely in my space suit but I managed to reach that last chamber in record time.

And what was my surprise that I found functional portal there! So this is my last entry in this diary. Was it only a month since I started writing it? That month completely changed my life. I'm now using all my robots to pack all that could fit in that portal (even this habitat seems to be deconstructable quite easily into just a few large boxes).

And I'm taking all the element I found. Does not seem to be much more left on this piece of asteroid. I cannot feel it anymore on any of my trips around or inside it.

So to whoever will read it, this is the story of my life for past month. I instructed my robots to construct a beacon so someone hopefully find this diary and read it, but I will be long gone.

Goodbye. I hope that my adventure just begun!

Yeah, this is not over, continue here.

No comments:

Post a Comment