2017-04-17

Story of his life - 4

Go to chapter 3 (if you missed it)

Again this roaring woke me up. But this was different. It was not dragon roar. Ouch! Nest owner was on its way home. I climbed out just in time. Something big was going down the shaft. And I didn't want to know what it was. I nearly forget my bow there. I must be more careful next time.

My next journey was uneventful (and I liked that). I heard just a few dragon roars, but not loud and near. I tried to move as fast as possible not overstretching my stamina. Tunel was even steeper now and climbing with lantern and all my stuff became quite challenging. At least those dragon gloves have quite nice grip on stone.

I quickly went on through one of the easier parts when I suddenly heard very loud roar. One dragon have to be quite near. What to do now? Was it from front or behind? Hard to tell in those tunnels with all that echo.

I decided to press on and then I saw 2 small red lights in tunel just around nearest corner. I snuffer my lantern and hugged to nearest alcove nearly panicking. Don't move! Don't move and dragon won't find you! But its easier said than done. My whole body was shaking. I used all of the power of my mind to stop making any sound.

Then I heard claws on stone. Dragon was going this way. My entire body wanted to run. This was the scariest moment ever. I heard dragon breath nearby. He stopped and start snuffing air. I nearly panicked. But then it just went on. Elder was right. I will live another day!

I was hiding there for a while longer to be sure that dragon is away. Then I slowly and quietly went on. Damn that was close!

I went on for a few hours too afraid to stop so I just chew on some jerky and drank some water from flask and keep on going. Air starts to get colder so it seems I was nearing exit. I decided to sleep a bit inside cave. It will be worse outside in the mountain pass. But not yet, first I must find that exit.

Fortunately it was not far away. When I saw snow on ground I knew I was near. So I went a bit back to find some good spot to sleep. Nothing good there so I just lied on my backpack in one of the nearest side tunnels.

Tomorrow I need to go over the pass in one go because there will be probably no place to rest and too cold to rest anyway.

Go to chapter 5

No comments:

Post a Comment