2017-04-13

Story of his life - 3

Go to chapter 2 (if you missed it)

So I left out little village. For first time in my life. It was very strange feeling. I might never see it again.

Path up went around still frozen patches of soil where we will sow our crops after this years dragon mating. It should start in a few days. Like every year when spring sun shine directly inside cave.

I need to hurry. I don't know how long it will take me to go through dragon cave and I definitely want to be out of there before dragons emerge from depths and chaos starts. But roaring was not yet heard so I might do it in time.

At least it was warmer in cave than outside. I will try to be quick. I was used to long walks with my father when he taught me how to hunt. And today I was glad for it.

Folks quite fear it and don't even go near it. We with Jumani at least went in around first corner because no one will see us there. I light up my lantern and went on with just a little fear what might happen there.

When I arrive to first crossroads I thought that right way is right, because it went up. Good I remembered our elders words and I start looking for that sign. It was on the the way to the left that went slightly down. Ok, lets go that way than.

When I was tired I went a bit off the main road and sit down in a little alcove for short nap and some dragon jerky. Long roar woke me up. Sounded like from far away, but I will need to hurry. Its hard to tell if its morning or night here in cave so I just went on.

Once I was unable to find that sign on crossroads I arrived on. So I went back one and found I went bad way. Good it was not long trip back.

Tunel went mainly up. Sometimes quite steep, but there were always enough supports to go up. I was starting to be really tired so I need to find some shelter quickly. And just around next corner I saw up on nearest ledge something that looked like big nest. What big bird can live so deep in cave? And then I saw little light going from high above. There seems to be shaft leading up.

I was never so deep in this cave. But that nest looked more comfortable than anything I saw here in this cave. I just climbed there and immediately fell asleep. I hope that this nests owner does not show up.

I dreamed again about that strange woman. She was always there no matter what I did but strangely translucent like some angel or so. This starts to look weird.

Go to chapter 4

No comments:

Post a Comment