2017-04-03

How I started to enjoy wurm again

As I wrote in this post, I quit Wurm after I burnt out with my first toon. Took me nearly 9 months before I got back. At first only with new character to look at my old place, then I spent a few weeks with old friends on their new deed on Xanadu.

I was hooked again. Then I posted on forums that I want to buy some starter character - I did not wanted to skill it all the way from start. Then I found my current toon. With only one skill above 50 (carpentry), it was not expensive, but saved me quite a few weeks of skilling.

Only small problem was that this toon was located on Independence server and all my friends were either on Celebration or Xanadu. I needed ship fast to get there. Fortunately I found unfinished knarr nearby with all hard parts (ropes, sails and composite components) already in and only bulk (planks, pegs, rivets and such) waiting to be attached.

But I was quite frustrated with my low skills. Everything now took much more time than I was used to. So I bought complete set of skiller tools and started grinding hard. Then I found quite helpful neighbor and things started to look much better.

I finished that knarr in just 4 weeks, skilling shipbuilding from 1 to nearly 50, same with woodcutting to get better chance at attaching remaining parts. I even get meditation to around 50 in those first 2 months of premium time.

That friendly neighbor deeded place I was squatting on, but let me stay on his new trader deed so I was happy. I had a place to stay and even don't have to pay for it.

The best thing was pause after those 2 prem months. This first pause was partly because I wanted to wait for next meditation question. But it was better than expected. From that time I keep my schedule of grinding hard for 1 or 2 months and then pause for 1 or 2 months to gather strength for next big grind.

When I bought next premium time and with my ship finished I went on sailing visiting my old friends. I stayed on Celebration for a few weeks grinding fighting from single digit to nearly 60. That deed was near big plains so lots of things to kill around.

I kept myself useful by improving all I found around. For example all pans in forges around :) But that will be for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment