2017-04-09

Story of his life - 2

Go to chapter 1 (if you missed it)

I was quite disappointed that my best friend Jumani did not shown up to give me farewell. Maybe he will be there in the morning. So I went sleep with quite bad mood. Damn!

Just when I closed my eyes, I heard knocking on my door. He was there with big grin on his face!

"Sorry it took so long. You know its not easy to snatch some tasty remedy."

His father is village healer and uses alcohol to treat wounds. And he had only a small stash left now. This years stuff was not even fermenting yet. I hope he wont miss it too much.

"I thought you forget about me." I said. "Who do you think is my best friend? And who knows when I see you again."

We drank and chatted for a few hours. Like it was the last night of our lives. It could even be true. At least out lives together. I will definitely miss him and our occasional drinking parties. He was unable to bring more that small bottle of stuff from time to time, but it was great!

We usually hide just after first corner of dragon cave and slowly drink it and chatted about how we will be great heroes once. My dream was to ride a dragon like those old knights our elder was talking about and he always said that he will heal my sorry burnt ass when I return. He was such a joker. We had such great times together! It was him who kept me afloat when my father died.

But it will be hard day for me tomorrow. I need to catch at least some sleep. So I hugged him hard and long and he went home. I was pleasantly tired so I fell asleep nearly immediately. I had my favorite dream about me riding dragon. But my ass was burning like hell. Damn that Jumani and his gabble! I hope real life dragons aren't that hot to touch.

But what was strange, there was also some woman. I never saw her in my dreams yet. She was there when I was riding that dragon. Very peculiar. I don't know what she was doing there or who she was but she was quite nice looking. We will see. Dreams are so hazy anyway!

I would like to sleep longer, but sun was already up so I had to go. I already packed all my things yesterday so I just dressed myself in my new drake hide clothes (so comfortable!), put backpack on my back and took my fathers long bow.

I was ready to leave. When I went up around our elders hut I saw that all villagers were there already and all were looking at me. Elder went forth and told me:

"Remember dragons have poor sight. When you have this clothes they cant smell you too. So when dragon is near, don't move. It might save your life one day." I already knew that from my father, but I thanked him for his wisdom.

"Go through dragon cave. When you go to crossroads, always look for circle with 3 lines inside, that will guide your way up to the mountain pass. When you are out of the cave, there is only one way to go. Good luck on your journey and go with Mighty Yamar's blessing."

I gave my farewell to all and went up to the dragon cave. This is the first day of my new life.

Go to chapter 3

No comments:

Post a Comment