2017-04-21

Story of his life - 5

Go to chapter 4 (if you missed it)

Today I woke up with my back aching from uneven ground on my resting place. I hope I will sleep on better and warmer place next time. I need to cross the mountain pass to Uda today. So lets go, no time to waste.

I picked up all my belongings, put small piece of dragon meat to my mouth to chew on and went outside. Sun was already up. Good that after those long 2 days in cave I still woke up in the morning.

There was less snow than I expected and when I hugged mountain side I could go quite fast. This canyon was quite windy so I couldn't see the end of it for most of my trek. Sun was already past its highest point on the sky when I finally saw the end of my journey up.

This won't be easy. Last stretch was quite steep and icy. Luckily those dragon gloves have quite good grip so I managed to get to the top without any major accidents. Once I slipped badly, but fortunately only fell a few meters before I grabbed protruding stone.

Finally I was there. From the top I went on for a bit and found nice stone outcropping with great view of my destination. I sit down for a small break and refreshment before venturing on.

Uda looked like a paradise compared to our valley. Lush green forests line river meandering through the valley. I saw smoke going up from cave entrance far to the left and from a few settlements near the river. Maybe there was a bit too much smoke.

Then I saw it. Dragon mating season was in full swing. Small shadows were flying high in the sky and you can even saw occasional flash of fire. There was even forest burning on one spot. Luckily no dragon was near and even the roar was very faint.

Only a few dragons were still up in the sky so it meant that it should end soon. I guess that before I reach the bottom of the valley it will be safe again.

This was nice place to rest. Protected from wind and still the evening sun can warm up my body aching from today's climb. I will rest here before venturing down the hill. Much better place than last night.

Again I dreamed about riding a dragon. Strangely this woman was somehow there too. Even when we were up in the sky. I was not able to see her but I felt her. This will be interesting. I never had so many vivid dreams before. My life was never so exciting!

Go to chapter 6

No comments:

Post a Comment