2017-03-26

How I nearly quit Wurm

Wurm online is great game. Definitely game I spent most time with from all games I ever played. Its quite addicting. It have so many things you can master that even a few lifetimes wont be enough to try everything to the fullest.

When I started playing back in 2012 I immediately fell in love. Finally game where everything you do rewards you in its own way. I started small with just 1x1 wooden house just next public mine.

I slowly learned how to get along the game. It was quite a bit more difficult and unwelcome to new players that its now. Everything took great effort but that satisfaction was worth it when you reach your goal.

Then I moved a bit further away near shoreline. Made my 1st 3x3 stone house with a good friend of mine and started to claim area around. With every starter house in the area falling into disrepair I claimed a bit more until I had enough space to deed it.

Now I had place of my own with a way to grant permission to people what they can and cannot do there. I made my 1st 5x5 house with 2 story and felt I have more space than I ever need to work in.

I started farm, fruit orchard and small animal pen area. I learned slowly all as I went. I started to work on ships. Started selling knarrs with 100 raft each for around 30 silvers each. Along with other stuff I had left from skilling I get my 1st money.

Started buying enchanted tools, even spared for drake hide armour. Met great people around, joined a few alliances helped people around a lot. But with all that stuff going around, farm to tend, animals to groom, jobs to finish, deed to pay for, it started to look more like work than game. And I spent tremendous amounts of time in game (nearly 1/2 of my wake time).

It started to be boring. It was more like I need to get inside and do stuff when I paid for premium time (I bought a year of premium twice) and my personal life suffered quite considerably. So in December 2013 I decided I need a break. In a week or so I managed to sell all my stuff I had in game for $500 (so I get more money out of the game than I put in and even have some change left).

I was free at last! But not for long :) Once wurmian, wurmian for ever! But that's another story you can read here.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I have a "wurm breakdown" right now, don't feel like playing the game, but the prem time is running ;-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why its better to consume wurm is smaller doses :) That's what my next post on wurm will be about.

    ReplyDelete