2017-03-04

Story of my life - chapter 2

Go to chapter 1 (if you missed it)

OK, I felt asleep yesterday thinking about how to continue with my diary posts. That really first one was kinda strange and out of place, don't you think? So I should make a few things clear to someone out there who may actually read this - if I ever decide to publish those!

I hadn't touched my bed controls since then to somehow not disturb this strange connection. I even installed locking plugin so I cannot touch them mentally and it needs actually pressing them with finger now to change settings (Can you believe that? Real manual control folks! So retro!).

Since then I was in his body every night. Strangely I felt rested when I woke up to my reality. I wonder if he sees my life when he is sleeping. I'm getting quite fond of him. He really tries to find him suitable wife, but he usually fails miserably. Better than my romantic films!

I cannot control him while he is awake (yeah, I forgot to tell you that its *his* body I occupy while I'm sleeping). I'm more like a passenger. He went far from his home village to find him a woman of his dreams (strange coincidence - I'm a woman dreaming of him!). He is on his journey for quite some time already it seems. I can hear some of his thoughts when I really focus or when he is "thinking loudly". I can hear, see or smell all he does. If I try really hard, I can influence him a bit. Especially when he is resting, relaxing or somehow not controlling himself fully. That how I was able to open his eyes that first day.

That place is quite strange. Sun is shining less than on Earth. It's strangely similar to how I see sun from windows of my lonely habit sitting on my little piece of land. I bought this asteroid for my last money to be part of this last Golden rush. Its lawless world out here, but much better than that world full of stupid laws and even more stupid bureaucrats and ecoterrorists. Its everyone for himself here in asteroid field, but its better than down there. No one will go check your papers up here.

Its getting lonely here - only me, my mining robots and my sometimes too chatty AI that is getting care of nearly everything here. Yeah, I can chat with nearly anybody down there but this communication lag gets annoying. And I don't have many friends down there to start with. So its usually me here working or looking at old films. But its now much better when I have real film every night.

But I will stop talking about myself. That other world is much more interesting than mine! But I'm too sleepy now, so next time...

Go to chapter 3

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading your posts, keep it up mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. I have a few posts in several stages of completion so will continue for some time at least :)

    ReplyDelete