2017-03-16

Story of my life - chapter 5

Go to chapter 4 (if you missed it)

It slowly starts to be boring. Its like very long film with quite dumb main hero. So I try to nudge my vessel more to not be so clueless when it comes to women or business agreements. And I'm getting better at it. That means probably less boredom in future!

As I don't have much to do in reality too (most of work is done by robots controlled by my tireless AI), I just out of pure curiosity tried scanning this little rock for thermal anomalies. As you may remember that strange metal in my dream world was radiating some heat. And to my complete surprise I actually found it!

That means, that my theory about me being on chunk of rocks that long time ago were planet my vessel is on was actually true! That theory was so crazy that I even did not want to write about it here. But now it seems quite plausible. Fast rotation, slow round trip around sun, nearly frozen and sun being around the same size as here in reality. Very interesting find! So my connection to my vessel seems a little less random event than before.

My robots gathered a few chunks of that ore and brought it near. Scanner was not showing anything unusual about them - only heat. That little luminiscence was not source of any known type of radiation - so I hope its not bad for my health (it certainly was not lethal for my vessel or his kin).

Strange was, that scanner was not able to tell me what this mineral is composed of. Only that its some boring silicates with iron. Nothing more, nothing less. So I took it inside my little habitat. But the biggest surprise ever had yet to come.

When I was ordering my robot to fetch me one of those pieces lying on far table I saw that that damn rock started moving towards me. It sure is very low gravity here so not much force needed to actually move it, but still. Its first ore that can be moved by thought!

I started to experiment with it a bit and it seems that its responding to my implant with which I order my robots around or tune my bed. Interesting is that force seems to be higher when I point my hand at it with open palm fingers stretched pointing up trying hard to suck it in. And I'm definitely getting better at it with practice.

This ore can make me rich! Seems that fortune finally smiled at me. For first time in my life! But I wont tell anyone just yet. More have to be discovered about it first! At least now I have stuff to do during day. And I still enjoy my nights with my vessel. I don't think I can connect to him on any other bed than this one here.

Go to chapter 6

No comments:

Post a Comment