2017-03-08

Story of my life - chapter 3

Go to chapter 2 (if you missed it)

Life at Uda (that's the name of the valley he now lives in) is not very easy. Not many people live there. I have seen only a few small settlements (I guess up to 20 people each) quite heavily fortified. Most live by central river (or larger spring) that runs from a cave full of hot springs. All around are high mountains barely passable with lots of snow and harsh cold weather. Seems that my vessel (that's how I call him now - strange is that he does not tell his name to anyone) is one of the few he traversed from one valley to another. It seems that its some kind of tradition for young men to go to other valleys from time to time (not sure yet on details) to found family there. And not many survive that.

As I already said, sun shines much less here. It does not seem that its some northern region of Earth, because sun shines from quite up on the sky, not near horizon. Days seem much shorter too. Around 1/3 or Earth day. So my standard sleep time is more or less his wake time.

Looks like this planet have much lower gravity too. Trees grow tall (at least trees are very similar to our own, just taller), creatures jump far, lots of them are flying easily. Most are similar to what I have seen in movies, but some are very different. But I get to that later.

People live in some kind of feudal society here. I have not yet seen any advanced technology. But I have seen only this valley and only for a few days. So maybe those people are some exception. But no one know or talks about any different means of life. So probably those valleys are so separated that they just don't know about any other life.

I have yet to see why those settlements are so heavily fortified. I have not seen any dangerous animal and my vessel is sleeping under a tree outside without much fear. But I have seen some strange scorch marks on those wooden palisades. But no one talked about it yet. I will see in time.

My vessel is wandering around the valley, hunts for food, gathers some berries, does some small jobs for people in various settlements and mainly looks for his new wife. But he is quite bad at getting girls attention and seducing them. And there are not many suitable wives to start with. So he is not happy with his progress and is deciding for quite some time what to do next and where to go.

It seems that me connecting to him was not some strange coincidence, as I have found just past night. But I will talk about it next time. Its still a bit hazy and I need to get some more info from my vessel first. So good night and I'm on my way to know more.

Go to chapter 4

No comments:

Post a Comment