2017-03-24

Story of my life - chapter 7

Go to chapter 6 (if you missed it)

Its a week from last entry already? This training is much more fun (at least for me) than days of boredom before. Something is finally happening! And we get better each passing day. Its more training of mind control than body, but exhausting nonetheless. I even train nearly all my day here. Nothing better to do anyway. Strange how fast we gain skill at controlling that mineral. Seems more like remembering something you knew long ago.

This grumpy old man that servers as out trainer is better in it than I expected from out first meeting. Seems he knows much about this strange mineral. Most of it is just legend stuff, but there are nice pieces of knowledge in it now and there. Anyhow, if you want to know, this mineral is some shattered brain or stuff from one of their gods (so that's why it can be controlled by mind?). I have not been paying too much attention - was playing with pendant circling my vessels head at that moment.

And those strange creatures from that cave are, you probably guessed it, dragons. They have no problem flying in such low gravity world. How they breathe fire he does not know. Probably something they feed on in cave. I'm no dragon biologist after all, and I have more interesting things to do than listening to tales.

Seems there was once upon a time some strange order of knights (how cliche) that was able to even ride those dragons. And seems they wore the same pendant as my vessel found in that cave. So many coincidences! They were fighting some ancient evil from underground (so there is something even beneath those dragons). But who cares after all, its still fun here!

I still don't know how much my vessel feels or hears me. He does not react by any loud thought or voice to my nudging but he seems to not resist it either like he get used to it and embraces my help.

As we get better at controlling this mineral, that fine blacksmith next door even created some harness equipped on my vessels chest that he can use to carry his weapons and stuff. But what is much more interesting, it have this mineral embedded and we can push it. It is not flying or levitating yet, but we can control our falling in air or jump further. Flying is nice when you have to fight flying creatures! But how cool it would be to ride them as those knights!

Next interesting thing is that with all that controlling of that mineral we somehow start to feel its presence. So gathering that mineral is much better and faster now. And good practice too. We need quite a lot of that mineral for weapons and armor. And its good for sale too. My trainer gets a cut so we all happy. And folks around are happy to see their hero from legends.

But today we heard strange roaring from deep down the cave during last gathering trip. Seems that our days of training are coming to an end.

Go to chapter 8

1 comment: